Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Free F16 Units Available For Testers
To help kick-start the testing of new firmware features as well as hardware revisions and additions, I am making available for a limited time F16 units at a very low price. Because there are several hardware platforms that are LibreEMS compatible, testing of any kind helps everyone. This is just one more form of encouragement.

About the F16:

Sealed weather-prof enclosure.
80-pin sealed header
144-pin XDP512 MCU.
12x OmniFET drivers for injectors etc.
8x 1amp(5/12v selectable) buffered logic outputs for ignition or accessories.
1x 2ch Knock sensor IC
1x FTDI USB interface
1x CAN transceiver IC

Tester qualifications and cost:

I prefer local candidates as I have test equipment etc. I'm willing to deal with remote installs on a limited basis, please PM me if you are interested.

Review the feature table to make sure it can fulfill your needs. Remember if it's close new features are always on the horizon, but make sure you can work with what exists.

The cost is $299 which includes everything you need to wire this up to your engine. If for some reason we can't make it work with your engine, I will give you a full refund upon the return of hardware.

-Sean

[Bump] Pictures added, as per request.
Probably a REAL stupid question, and I am definitely very late in responding... but...
Where is 'local' to you?
I've already got a 'fair' array of test equipment (DSOs and the like) and can 'borrow' most anything else I might need.
It's perhaps a pity that I am so 'late' to have joined up here!!!

(12-31-2013, 10:11 AM)seank Wrote: To help kick-start the testing of new firmware features as well as hardware revisions and additions, I am making available for a limited time F16 units at a very low price. Because there are several hardware platforms that are LibreEMS compatible, testing of any kind helps everyone. This is just one more form of encouragement.

About the F16:

Sealed weather-prof enclosure.
80-pin sealed header
144-pin XDP512 MCU.
12x OmniFET drivers for injectors etc.
8x 1amp(5/12v selectable) buffered logic outputs for ignition or accessories.
1x 2ch Knock sensor IC
1x FTDI USB interface
1x CAN transceiver IC

Tester qualifications and cost:

I prefer local candidates as I have test equipment etc. I'm willing to deal with remote installs on a limited basis, please PM me if you are interested.

Review the feature table to make sure it can fulfill your needs. Remember if it's close new features are always on the horizon, but make sure you can work with what exists.

The cost is $299 which includes everything you need to wire this up to your engine. If for some reason we can't make it work with your engine, I will give you a full refund upon the return of hardware.

-Sean
I forgot to add this to my above reply...
If you happen to have any MORE of your F16 units available (even if they're not at this RIDICULOUSLY good price), please let me (in fact all of us!) know since I for one am VERY interested
Hi Revva,

Thanks for the interest! Yes, I have just received a batch from my contract manufacture. I need to raise the price by $95, to cover the cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Sean
You bet your sweet A$$ I am interested!!! <Hehe>

I'm assuming I'll need to separately source the two plug housings and corresponding pins etc (Molex P/Ns 64319-3211, 64320-1319, 64322-xxxx and 64323-xxxx) etc?
Thankfully, I can grab these from Digikey quite readily. Some stuff can be a right PAIN to source here in NZ and I suspect others here may have similar problems
(IMO, I think you'd be wise to bump up the price and include these plugs / pins as a bundle to 'lower the barrier' for idiots like myself who desperately want to climb on board)

I'll send you a PM later on today (NZ time) to organize getting some $$$$ sent your way.

(12-14-2014, 11:13 AM)seank Wrote: Hi Revva,

Thanks for the interest! Yes, I have just received a batch from my contract manufacture. I need to raise the price by $95, to cover the cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Sean
Sorry for the delay. Typically I just send the connectors with it.
Just gonna slide myself in here
How can i find one of this units?