Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bdm as a free resource
The title may not have much meaning. I recently bought a USBDM because I wanted to do some devwork on an s12x (especially the x part).

I didn't want to 'tie up' the serial port for SM use only, so the BDM was a free resource to leverage and free up the serial port for some other ideas that I want to work on (3mbps xgate encoded/decoded serial anyone?).

So I pulled together some code to yank the strings on the USBDM. That got me thinking of how to use the BDM as a general resource in the future. If anyone has some ideas, I'm interested in hearing them.

If you want to try it out for yourself, I put together a .zip in the downloads that loads up some hand assembled code to blink pp7.
I think 3Mbps is an achievable goal. I'll put some thought into it. It definitely would make for a more capable platform. I'll play with that code sometime this week.

Thanks,
Sean
Just an idea that I know you've kicked around before (and it's a good idea).

I'd put my efforts into less 'bleeding edge' stuff that isn't so invasive. Big Grin

(11-17-2014, 08:03 AM)seank Wrote: I think 3Mbps is an achievable goal. I'll put some thought into it. It definitely would make for a more capable platform. I'll play with that code sometime this week.

Thanks,
Sean