Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Source Code
Hello,
         When is the latest source code due for release?

Thanks,

Dave.
Hey Dave,

It is out, which HW platform do you currently have?

Thanks,
Sean
Hello Sean,
                   I have a Jaguar 0.7 board

Thanks,
Dave.
What's your engine setup look like, if you can answer the following I can get a base config setup:

1. Cylinder count
2. Injectors per cylinder
3. Crank input wheel
4. Cam sync/wheel
5. Mass air or Speed Density.

Thanks,
Sean
Hello Sean,
                   You might just regret asking this lol.
1     Inline 4 cylinder firing 0 - 180 - 360 - 540
2     1 injector per cylinder
3     Crank Wheel  36-1-1-1-1  
       Leading edge of Tooth 1 at VR sensor at TDC No.1 cylinder
       3 teeth - gap - 2 teeth - gap - 14 teeth - gap - 3 teeth - gap - 10 teeth
       All gaps 1 tooth
4     Can be with or without Cam Sensor. Can be arranged to happen at any point in the engine cycle.
5    Original engine runs with TPS and MAP sensor, no MAF

Thanks,
Dave.
Hey Dave, no regrets at all, we NEED that level of info for this to work well. Also what's the make/engine code ? Having full sync gives you the ability to time your injections and sensor read angles, it's worth it IMO. I have been meaning to post the data showing the differences between full and half sync.

Dave A, do you have a simulator pattern for 36-1-1-1-1?

Thanks,
Sean
I think this is the guy?

-sean
(07-15-2016, 10:00 PM)seank Wrote: I think this is the guy?

-sean

Hello Sean,
                  Yep, that's the one. It's from a Rover K-series engine, code is 18K4K. I don't know if there were any vehicles with this
engine sold in the US ?  This engine had variable valve timing but it has been removed.  
     Rover, in their infinite wisdom (not!) had 3 different flywheel trigger patterns depending on which ECU was on the vehicle.
They had Motorola MEMS (modular ems) versions  1.9  ,   2  and  3 .    I  believe this is a MEMS 3 flywheel.   The engine is intended
for a Lotus Elise, the existing engine has MEMS 1.9  which has no cam sensor.   A point I forgot to mention, this engine uses wasted
spark.

Thanks Sean,
Dave.
Hey Dave,

It's def a little on the goofy side, but should be pretty easy to add support. As soon as DaveA gets some time to add this pattern to his stim, we can add a decoder. Since we are using the s12x's 32-bit math instructions it should be able to support a very high RPM (20K).

Are you just needing something that works out of the box or did you intend to extend the firmware functionality?

-Sean
Hello Sean,
                   Your question about me extending the firmware functionality, I remarked some time ago to Fred that  "C" is just the third
letter of the alphabet to some of us, including me.  i did want to attempt to configure the firmware myself in the hope that I might 
understand some of it, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Regards,
Dave.