Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uNicoEFI
Hello,

My name is NIOLAS, I am in France. (Sorry for my english.)
my hobbies are the mechanical on race car, and electronic.
I am not a developer (i have just some small experience on arduino and old basic). I have a roller bench (build myself) it 'is very interesting for test diy ecu.
I am a user of microsquirt modul and i had build my mainboard for it. 

https://github.com/NicoEFI/uSquirt_EcuMarelli

My project for my new ecu, I need the following feature :

- use only 4 cylinder 
- rpm/throttle map for injection and ignition
- possibility to sequential, semi-sequential, or full group injection
- i use only high impedance injector 14-16ohms
- possibility to wasted spark or sequential ignition
- possibility to use logic coils (with integred drivers/controller) or high current coil 
- Toothed wheel with missing tooth (60-2,36-1...)
- Ambient Absolute Pressure (barometric) , Intake Air Temperature (IAT) and Coolant Temperature 
- crank and cam sensor VR
- user programable output (relay fan coolant, fuel pump, shiftlight...)
- launch control (with variable rpm)
- Tacho output
Wideband lambda controller maybe intregerd ?
Knock ?
- USB Conector (ftdi)

In a first time , before to begin schematic, I would like to acquire a CPU Board. For try and discover. How use the tuning software, hardware...

For the CPU board can i use the CoolEFI Rocket XDP512 or xep version. It is interesting i thing because i can use it directly after in my future mainboard ?
(11-20-2016, 01:03 PM)NicoEFI Wrote: Hello,

My name is NIOLAS, I am in France. (Sorry for my english.)
my hobbies are the mechanical on race car, and electronic.
I am not a developer (i have just some small experience on arduino and old basic). I have a roller bench (build myself) it 'is very interesting for test diy ecu.
I am a user of microsquirt modul and i had build my mainboard for it. 

My project for my new ecu, I need the following feature :

- use only 4 cylinder 
- rpm/throttle map for injection and ignition
- possibility to sequential, semi-sequential, or full group injection
- i use only high impedance injector 14-16ohms
- possibility to wasted spark or sequential ignition
- possibility to use logic coils (with integred drivers/controller) or high current coil 
- Toothed wheel with missing tooth (60-2,36-1...)
- Ambient Absolute Pressure (barometric) , Intake Air Temperature (IAT) and Coolant Temperature 
- crank and cam sensor VR
- user programable output (relay fan coolant, fuel pump, shiftlight...)
- launch control (with variable rpm)
- Tacho output
Wideband lambda controller maybe intregerd ?
Knock ?
- USB Conector (ftdi)

In a first time , before to begin schematic, I would like to acquire a CPU Board. For try and discover. How use the tuning software, hardware...

For the CPU board can i use the CoolEFI Rocket XDP512 or xep version. It is interesting i thing because i can use it directly after in my future mainboard ?

For a sample schematic check out: Jaguar 0.7-alpha schematic
This has most of the circuits you will need to create your own DIY ECU that is compatible with LibreEMS.  Most of your requirements listed in your post are covered in the Jaguar 0.7-alpha schematic which I used as the basis for the CoolEFI Rocket and Basic ECU products.

The CoolEFI Rocket XDP512 is a good choice as a CPU board for a DIY ECU since it is the CPU that LibreEMS is designed to work with (Freescale/NXP 9S12XDP512) or you may consider purchasing a CoolEFI Basic ECU which has most of the features you are looking for in your homemade ECU.  There is a daughterboard for the Basic ECU which adds additional I/O.  Both can be ordered with or without the connectors.  Some people order the Basic ECU without the connectors to put them in a factory ECU enclosure.

To load LibreEMS firmware you would use EMSload
To tune your LibreEMS firmware you would use EMStune
To view the EMStune logs you would use EMSlogview

Cheers,

Andy
Thanks Andy
For use Emstune on windows i must execute ?
 https://forums.libreems.org/showthread.php?tid=72

but i don't understand all (my english Angry )
"get the latest copy of qjson: http://qjson.sourceforge.net/ and use cmake to compile it. Compiling it is done in a similar way to Linux from a command line, mkdir build; cd build; cmake ..; make. This should auto-detect mingw and qt versions, and build qjson for you.

Once qjson is finished, it needs to be installed in c:libsqjson. This means you will have c:libsqjsonlibs*.dll and c:libsqjsonincludeqjson*.h. This is where EMS looks for it."
NicoEfi,

I am also making a modiefied marelli (weber marelli 1.6).

Did see the pictures of your modified marelli ecu.
Waht did you do to seal the top off ?
(01-03-2017, 12:05 PM)LAV1000 Wrote: NicoEfi,

I am also making a modiefied marelli (weber marelli 1.6).

Did see the pictures of your modified marelli ecu.
Waht did you do to seal the top off ?

You can find my ecu marelli here
Do you have also post your work?

I closed / glued with silicone the top.

For the moment, I have not worked on Libreems, but on another project standalone speeduino (this choice because I can use tunerstudio). 
Using an interface on Windows is important to me (and easier). Tunerstudio is a very good software and very easy to use. But it is unfortunately not possible to use it with libreems (I think)

But after I will would come back to work with Libreems.
Thanks for the info, was hoping you used a nice fixture instead of silicone it back again.
My info, its all over on this forum and I posted some pictures at:
https://forums.libreems.org/showthread.php?tid=74
Had to replace the pcb fixtures to create space for a proto area, and a nice usb socket.
I do know something on electroinics and a bit more on engines, not so much software related stuff.

I also know Tuner Studio, I think  most of the people over here started with a megasquirt.
Also active on the MS forum, same name.
yeah.. i had read your topic at speeduino.
i am also running speeduino and ms2 with tunerstudio.
maybe next few week, i will running with rusefi with tunerstudio. Big Grin