Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello. another basic ecu startup.
Having my own connection troubles, now.
I first used a windows vista 32 bit laptop, wich started do die.
Got an other one wich now uses windows 10 and is 64 bit. Sad

Are you sure the comport settings do match ?
(12-19-2016, 12:15 PM)LAV1000 Wrote: Having my own connection troubles, now.
I first used a windows vista 32 bit laptop, wich started do die.
Got an other one wich now uses windows 10 and is 64 bit. Sad

Are you sure the comport settings do match ?

with window com port setting is match. but it crash when gauge button is press.
with ubuntu seen a bit stable, gauge ok. but i don't know how to set a port setting with linux.
it's written something like usb0 usb1 usb2 in setting menu.
If you can, grab a Linux machine, things just work better, plus you can easily tweak the firmware if you want to. Ping malcom2073 in IRC, if you still cant get EMStudio to run.
thanks Sean. i will try with linux.
Once on linux checkout "apt.libreems.org", it makes installing the tools really, really easy(thanks to Dave).
(12-20-2016, 02:33 PM)seank Wrote: Once on linux checkout "apt.libreems.org", it makes installing the tools really, really easy(thanks to Dave).

i try with megatunix yesterday, still not working. i assumming it same with freeems, but freeems button seen grey out. look like i need to work seriously on linux. i prefer to window because all my tuning software is the such tunerstudio(ms, speeduino, rusefi) and halwin.
Megatunix has not been maintained and does not support the JSON data descriptors, so you will likely get wonky results. Tunerstudio works fine on LInux, not sure about Halwin. Dave also put together a build server so that when you push code, it will create a loadable s19 image for you. You could go that route if you need to do things on Windows. Anyway sounds like you need to contact Mike about running EMSTune on windows.
I've just pushed through another build... though I've not had much time to get around to testing it:

https://github.com/malcom2073/emstudio/r...indows.exe

Give that a shot and let me know... but most importantly: Where did you get the Windows version of EMStudio you are currently attempting to use?
(12-21-2016, 07:26 PM)malcom2073 Wrote: I've just pushed through another build... though I've not had much time to get around to testing it:

https://github.com/malcom2073/emstudio/r...indows.exe

Give that a shot and let me know... but most importantly: Where did you get the Windows version of EMStudio you are currently attempting to use?

so far so good. i can load the gauge now.
it seen aap reading and log packet count is playing around with its figure, so i assumming it is connected.

one more newbie question here:-

how do i tune the ecu??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote= mattsabun pid='398' dateline='1482385462']    

do i need to rename all the table or just load it from flash/ram?