Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello. another basic ecu startup.
mattsabun: It didn't register that it was you I was talking to yesterday :-D

It looks like you may have an old version of firmware installed for this version of EMStudio. Can you take a screenshot of the "Windows->Firmware Metadata" window?
yes. its me   Big Grin

I tried that firmware and it worked for me... so I'm not sure you got my message, so I'll paste it here:

Can you zip and send me a log file? They are located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\EMStudio\logs\ and look for the newest files, there are four types I want: *.bin, *.fields.json, *.json, and *.tables.json.

The other useful logs are in: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\EMStudio\applogs\ Zip up those files.

If you send those zip files to malcom2073@gmail.com I can see why it's not properly detecting the tuning tables.
(12-21-2016, 07:26 PM)malcom2073 Wrote: I've just pushed through another build... though I've not had much time to get around to testing it:

https://github.com/malcom2073/emstudio/r...indows.exe

Give that a shot and let me know... but most importantly: Where did you get the Windows version of EMStudio you are currently attempting to use?

(12-28-2016, 04:40 AM)malcom2073 Wrote: I tried that firmware and it worked for me... so I'm not sure you got my message, so I'll paste it here:

Can you zip and send me a log file? They are located in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\EMStudio\logs\ and look for the newest files, there are four types I want: *.bin, *.fields.json, *.json, and *.tables.json.

The other useful logs are in: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\EMStudio\applogs\ Zip up those files.

If you send those zip files to malcom2073@gmail.com I can see why it's not properly detecting the tuning tables.
Seem to have the same problem.
Only 1 field has a name and when you open this there is only a Hex coded file.
I will also send my log files.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am also sending those log file.
ok, got my ubuntu 14.04 installed.
how do i install emstudio to ubuntu?

actually i am totally newbie on linux.
i try double click at downloaded .deb and nothing show.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-19-2017, 12:38 AM)mattsabun Wrote: ok, got my ubuntu 14.04 installed.
how do i install emstudio to ubuntu?

actually i am totally newbie on linux.
i try double click at downloaded .deb and nothing show.

Funny, I was also exploring Linux/Ubuntu but didn't get emstudio installed the right way. Confused

Linux/Ubuntu works mostly with "cmd" like commands.
after few months, yesterday i got some free time. i decide to wired it up and ignore about my low spec laptop. hopefully it will work with all the basic setting. i got rpm sync and got my fuel pump turning on. engine not start, maybe wrong trigger offset i guess. 

i notice at emstudio menu got some new features, trigger offset and output test menu. unfortunately those two button seems no display when it was select. as long as it can do all basic setting, i can ignore about 3d tuning/gauge and stick with this laptop.

otherwise if needed, i can load a fresh window/linux to my other laptop. it is acer 4250 if not mistaken, its heavy and got dead battery so i not happy doing tuning with that acer.
i format and install fresh window 7 on my acer aspire, and seems it working with emstudio. planning to build arduistim in 2 or 3 day later once i receive my arduino uno. so without stimulator, i just hook cam/crank signal from my cas and turning it with variable speed drill. i got my rpm reading at gauge, but others not .

at ve table, map tracing is at 20kpa. i turn my cas to 2000-4000rpm, map tracing still there not moving anywhere.

same result in ignition table.

log file attached.

.zip   2017.08.13-19.57.04.fields.zip (Size: 200.88 KB / Downloads: 257)

i really need a guide.
thanks in advance.
(08-13-2017, 08:48 PM)mattsabun Wrote: planning to build arduistim in 2 or 3 day later once i receive my arduino uno. so without stimulator, i just hook cam/crank signal from my cas and turning it with variable speed drill. i got my rpm reading at gauge, but others not .

Have you tried connecting it to a JimStim?

I tested the RPM inputs and the decoder using both a JimStim and an ArduStim prior to shipping the Basic ECU.

Right now the engine decoder angle is set for 5 degrees in the libreems-firmware/src/main/configs/MITSU4G63.h file found on the USB flash drive that I included.  Look at line 122:

#define INPUT_OFFSET                  ENGINE_ANGLE_S(5)

Your crankshaft input should go to RPM0+, your camshaft input should go to RPM1+ and both RPM0- and RPM1- should be connected to ground.

You also need to make sure your IAT and CHT inputs have reasonable temperature values, ie: between -20C and 100C or else you won't see any injector or ignition outputs.  I say this because in one of your photos the Intake Air temperature is -67C.

Andy